Aloo ke kofte By Chef Pankaj Bhadouria
Aloo ke kofte
Aloo Ke Kofte is a unique vegetarian main course dish. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria shares the recipe in detail.Read More
For Aloo ke kofte
3 boiled & mashed potatoes
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tbsp cornflour
salt to taste
2 tbsp khoya
1 tbsp mixed dry fruits
1/4 tsp orange food colour
oil for frying
3-4 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 cup chopped onion
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tbsp garam masala powder
1 tbsp ginger & garlic paste
1 cup chopped tomatoes
water as required
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
1 tbsp cream
dry fenugreek leaves for garnish
cream for garnish
coriander sprig for garnish
- Mash the boiled potatoes in a bowl. Add all-purpose flour, cornflour, salt and mix well.
- Transfer 50 gms of this mixture to another small bowl, add khoya, mixed dry fruits, a pinch of orange food colour and mix well.
- Make balls of the first potato mixture and flatten it out. Place the stuffing in and wrap it properly with the first potato mixture.
- Dust it with all-purpose flour and make it into a ball.
- Fry the kofta balls in hot oil until golden brown.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, chopped onions, a pinch of salt and sauté till translucent.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, ginger garlic paste, & sauté. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until tomatoes get soft.
- Cool the masala and blend it into a puree.
- Transfer the puree to the pan and let it cook.
- Add water, tomato puree and mix well.
- Add dry fenugreek leaves, cream and mix well.
- Serve hot by pouring it over the kofta balls. Garnish with dry fenugreek leaves, cream and fresh coriander leaves.
Aloo Ke Kofte is a mildly spicy and creamy gravy. It is made with boiled and mashed potatoes to which a stuffing of khoya is added. The balls made with mashed potatoes are deep-fried. These golden-brown balls are then dumped into a gravy made with onions, tomatoes, spices and cream.
Aloo Ke Kofte are supremely tasty. You can make Aloo Ke Kote for lunch or dinner and serve it with roti, paratha, or rice.