Bourani Bonjan By Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi
Also known as - Bonjan
Bourani Bonjan is a Afghani eggplant preparation. It’s a moderately spiced sauce served with a flavourful curd mixture.Read More
4 tbsp oil
1 tbsp chopped garlic
3 chopped tomatoes
2 chopped green chillies
salt to taste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp garlic paste
3/4 cup curd
1 tsp mint powder
- Peel the skin of a brinjal.
- Cut the brinjal into slices.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the brinjal slices.
- Fry the slices until they turn brown and soft. Transfer the slices to another dish.
- Add some more oil to the same pan and add 1 tbsp chopped garlic.
- Add 3 chopped tomatoes, 2 chopped green chillies, salt to taste, 1 tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp black pepper powder and mix well.
- In a bowl, mix 1 tsp garlic paste, ¾ cup curd, 1 tsp mint powder, salt to taste. Whisk the mixture.
- Add water to the pan and cover the pan with a lid.
- Switch off the flame once the tomatoes are cooked.
- Serve the sauce on the serving plate. Place the fried brinjal slices on the sauce. Top the slices with more sauce.
- Top it with the curd mixture, fried garlic, mint powder, chopped coriander. Bourani Bonajan is ready to serve.