Chooda Matar By Chef Pankaj Bhadouria
Chooda Matar is a Banarasi dish that’s simple and quick to make. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria shares the recipe for this instant snack.Read More
For Chooda Matar
1 cup flattened rice
water as required
4-5 tbsp ghee
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp chopped green chillies
1 cup green peas
1 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
salt to taste
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
2 tbsp lemon juice
coriander sprig for garnish
- Wash and soak flattened rice in a bowl for 10 mins.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai, add cumin seeds, chopped ginger, chopped green chillies.
- Now add green peas, black pepper powder, garam masala powder and mix well. Cover the lid and cook.
- Add the soaked flattened rice, salt and sauté.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice and mix it. Serve hot.
Chooda Matar is made with flattened rice (Poha), peas and some simple masalas. It is an instant dish as it requires no preparation at all. It is a winter delicacy in Banaras and a twist on the regular poha.
Whole spices, cooked peas, powdered spices, flattened rice are tossed together, and a little lemon juice is added to this mixture.
Chooda Matar makes for a scrumptious breakfast and snack.