Rajgira Paratha By Chef Pankaj Bhadouria
Rajgira Paratha is a wholesome and tasty flatbread. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria shares the recipe for this fasting treat.Read More
For Rajgira Paratha
1½ cup amaranth flour
pinch of rock salt
warm water as required
1 cup grated paneer
rock salt to taste
1 tsp roasted cumin powder
½ tsp cumin seeds
2-3 chopped green chillies
ghee as required
curd for plating
- In a bowl, mix 1 ½ cup amaranth flour, a pinch of rock salt and warm water to form a soft and smooth dough. Cover the dough and rest for 10 mins.
- In a mixing bowl, add 1 cup grated paneer, rock salt, 1 tsp roasted cumin powder, ½ tsp cumin seeds, 2-3 chopped green chillies, and mix well.
- Divide the dough into equal portions to make dough balls. Stuff the dough balls with the paneer mixture.
- Roll the dough balls into thick parathas and cook on the tawa.
- Apply ghee on both sides and cook until golden and crispy. Serve the parathas with curd.
Rajgira Paratha is made from Amaranth (Rajgira) flour. Amaranth is a superfood that has twice as many proteins as any other millets or dals. It is also a great source of fibre, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus and iron, along with several other micronutrients.
Here, chef Pankaj makes the Rajgira paratha even more delicious and nutritious by adding a stuffing of paneer to it. Paneer or cottage cheese is a great source of protein.
This Rajgira paratha is tasty, wholesome and awesome.