Sheermal Turnover Pie By Chef Tejasvi Chandela
Sheermal Turnover Pie
Sheermal Turnover Pie is a new take on the traditional Kashmiri flatbread sheermal and minced pie. Chef Tejasvi Chandela shares the recipe in detail.Read More
3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 tsp cardamom powder
1 cup melted ghee
1 tbsp dry yeast
3/4 cup warm milk
1/2 cup mawa
3/4 tsp kewda water
mixed dry fruits
- Mix all-purpose flour, sugar, desiccated coconut, cardamom powder in a bowl.
- Add egg, melted ghee, dry yeast, warm milk, mawa, kewda water and mix.
- Knead the mixture into a dough and ferment it for 15 mins.
- Roll the dough into a flat sheet and cut circular discs using a cookie cutter.
- Place the disc on the baking tray. Place mixed dry fruits at the centre of the disc and top it with another dough disc. Seal the sides using a fork.
- Soak saffron stands in warm water. Apply some saffron water to the pies using a brush. Make cuts at the centre of the pie.
- Bake the turnover pies in a preheated oven at 180 C for 15-20 mins.
Sheermal Turnover Pie is a new twist on the traditional saffron-flavoured Kashmiri flatbread and minced pie. Chef Tejasvi makes the sheermal traditionally with maida, ghee, milk, cardamom powder, sugar, desiccated coconut and mawa. She then adds a nutty filling of dry fruits and makes pies. The baked Sheermal Turnover Pie is flaky and crispy.
Master this unique recipe and surprise your guests with these delicious Sheermal Turnover Pies.