Pizza Samosa By Chef Pankaj Bhadouria
Pizza Samosa is a unique fusion snack. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria shares the recipe in detail.Read More
For Pizza Samosa
all-purpose flour dough
oil for brushing
1 cup chopped bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup frozen corns
2 cups diced mozzarella cheese
10-12 chopped olives
salt to taste
1/2 cup pizza sauce
water as required
1-2 tsp all-purpose flour
oil for frying
- Make a dough, using all-purpose flour, salt, water and rest it for 20 mins.
- Make equal size balls out of this dough.
- Dust some flour on the rolling board and roll the dough balls into rotis.
- Layer the roti on top of each other with oil brushed in between every roti.
- Roll out the layered rotis again and flatten it out. Cook the roti on a hot pan for 10 seconds on each side.
- Remove it on a cloth and keep it covered.
- In a bowl, add chopped bell peppers, chopped onions, frozen corns, diced mozzarella cheese, chopped olives. Add salt and pizza sauce and mix.
- In a bowl mix all-purpose flour and water to make a thick paste.
- Now cut your semi-cooked roti into a proper circle. Then carefully peel off each layer and keep it aside.
- Now cut them into quarters.
- Take a sheet and using the flour and water mixture make a packet.
- Fill this with pizza filling and seal it.
- Deep fry the samosas until golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
Pizza Samosa is a blockbuster variation of the regular samosa. Chef Pankaj makes this fusion snack by combining some ingredients of the Italian pizza and some ingredients of the Indian samosa.
In regular Indian samosa, a filling made with boiled potatoes, green peas and spices is used. But here, the chef makes a filling of bell peppers, onions, mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce used for pizzas. She then stuffs this filling in triangle-shaped pockets and deep-fries them. And voila, the Pizza Samosa is ready.
Chef Pankaj’s pizza samosa is fusion food at its best.