Aate Ki Churi By Chef Kunal Kapur
Aate Ki Churi
Aate ki Churi is a monsoon superfood. Chef Kunal Kapur brings this tasty monsoon special to your kitchen.Read More
For Aate ki churi
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tbsp ghee
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
pinch of black pepper powder
pinch of dry ginger powder
water as required
1 tsp ghee
2 tbsp jaggery powder
1 tsp ghee
chopped dry fruits (optional)
- In a platter, take 2 cups of whole wheat flour, add 2 tbsp ghee, ½ tsp cardamom powder, a pinch of black pepper powder, a pinch of ginger powder and water as required. Knead the mixture into a hard dough.
- To make roti, divide the dough into small equal circular pieces. Flatten the dough with a rolling pin and apply some ghee on it to make it soft.
- Cut the roti from the half center and gently roll it and then flatten it with your hand.
- Cook the round roti on a heated pan, put ghee on both sides and cook it till it turns light brown on both sides.
- Once roti is cooked, transfer the roti to a plate, add 2 tbsp powdered jaggery and 1 tsp ghee to it. Then break the roti into small crumbs with fingers.
- Garnish it with chopped dry-fruits. Aate ki churi is ready to serve.
Aate ki Churi is made from a tight dough of whole wheat flour and ghee. It is cooked on tava like a chapati. Whole wheat atta is rich in vitamins, minerals and fibre.
A generous amount of ghee and jaggery is added on the top of this roti which is then crumbled to a powder and served hot.
This is a truly satisfying and healthy dish.