Aloo Patties By Chef Pankaj Bhadouria
Aloo Patties are popular puffed snacks. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria shares the recipe in detail.Read More
For Aloo Patties
All-purpose flour dough
4 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 cup chopped onions
salt to taste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp crushed black pepper
1 tsp chopped green chillies
1/2 cup green peas
1 cup boiled and mashed potatoes
1-2 tsp dry mango powder
1 tsp chopped coriander leaves
milk for brushing
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Make a stiff dough using all-purpose flour, butter, salt. Roll the dough into a rectangle. Mark 3 equal parts of the rectangle.
- Roll out the butter into a rectangle with the help of a plastic sheet.
- Divide it into three parts.
- Take one part of the butter sheet and spread on two parts of the rolled out rectangular dough.
- Now fold the unbuttered part on the buttered part. Cover and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Roll out the dough sheet and cut them in the shape of puffs. Cover the sheets and refrigerate again for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, chopped onions, salt and saute.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, crushed black pepper, chopped green chillies, green peas, boiled and mashed potatoes and mix.
- Turn the flame off and add dry mango powder, chopped coriander leaves. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and let it cool.
- Place the stuffing on the sheets and fold into a triangle. Place them on a baking tray and brush them with some milk.
- Bake the patties in a preheated oven for 15 to 18 mins at 200 degrees celsius.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.
Aloo Patties are puffed potato pastries. Unlike traditionally made Aloo patties, Chef Pankaj bakes these patties.
In this recipe, chef Pankaj makes a stuffing with onions, potatoes and peas and the whole and powdered masalas. She fills this stuffing in puff pastry sheets. These pastries are then baked in an oven.
Aloo Patties are crispy, crunchy and delectable.