Banana Flambe Cake By Chef Tejasvi Chandela
Catch up on Lifestyle Shows.
Read about Lifestyle.
Discover new Recipes.
Know your Chefs.
Participate and Win.
Share and Comment.
Stay in Tune.
Additional details required
Banana Flambe Cake
Also known as - Banana Flambe Cake
Banana Flambe Cake is an upside-down delicious cake. Chef Tejasvi Chandela shares the recipe in detail.Read More
1 cup castor sugar
2 tbsp water
1 1/4 cup curd
3/4 cup icing sugar
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 sliced bananas
- Melt castor sugar in a pan with 2 tbsp water to make caramel
- Transfer the caramel mixture to the baking tin.
- In a bowl, whisk the curd, icing sugar, all-purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add vegetable oil, vinegar and mix again.
- Place the banana slices in the baking tin and pour the cake batter on it.
- Level the batter and bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 20-25 mins.
- Demould the cake and place it on a plate.
- Pour the rum in a ladle and gently set it on fire.
- Pour the rum on the cake and serve.
Banana Flambe Cake is an upside-down caramelized cake. Flambé means “flamed” in French. It is a cooking procedure in which alcohol is added to a hot pan to create a burst of flames. Flambéing is the tableside presentation of dishes that are drenched in alcohol and set aflame.
Chef Tejasvi’s Banana Flambe Cake has a unique flavour of caramelized bananas and a Flambéing of rum that makes you fall in love with this cake.