Banana Flambe Cake By Chef Tejasvi Chandela
Banana Flambe Cake
Also known as - Banana Flambe Cake
Banana Flambe Cake is an upside-down delicious cake. Chef Tejasvi Chandela shares the recipe in detail.Read More
1 cup castor sugar
2 tbsp water
1 1/4 cup curd
3/4 cup icing sugar
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 sliced bananas
- Melt castor sugar in a pan with 2 tbsp water to make caramel
- Transfer the caramel mixture to the baking tin.
- In a bowl, whisk the curd, icing sugar, all-purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add vegetable oil, vinegar and mix again.
- Place the banana slices in the baking tin and pour the cake batter on it.
- Level the batter and bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 20-25 mins.
- Demould the cake and place it on a plate.
- Pour the rum in a ladle and gently set it on fire.
- Pour the rum on the cake and serve.
Banana Flambe Cake is an upside-down caramelized cake. Flambé means “flamed” in French. It is a cooking procedure in which alcohol is added to a hot pan to create a burst of flames. Flambéing is the tableside presentation of dishes that are drenched in alcohol and set aflame.
Chef Tejasvi’s Banana Flambe Cake has a unique flavour of caramelized bananas and a Flambéing of rum that makes you fall in love with this cake.