Chhena Poda By Chef Tejasvi Chandela
Chhena Poda is a popular dessert from the Indian state of Odisha. Chef Tejasvi Chandela shares the recipe for this chhena-based dessert.Read More
250 gms cottage cheese
1/2 cup jaggery powder
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tbsp rice flour
2 - 3 tbsp milk
1 tbsp raisins
1 tbsp chopped cashew nuts
butter for greasing
saffron and sugar syrup
edible silver leaves
cashew nuts for garnish
raisins for garnish
- Crumble the cottage cheese in a bowl, add jaggery powder and mix.
- Add cardamom powder, baking soda, rice flour, milk and mix.
- Add raisins, chopped cashew nuts and mix well.
- Grease the baking tin with butter and line it with banana leaves. Spread the mixture evenly.
- Bake the chhena poda in a preheated oven at 180 C for 25 mins.
- Demould the chhena poda and glaze it with sugar and saffron syrup.
- Garnish the chhena poda with edible silver leaves, cashew nuts and raisins.
Chhena Poda is an iconic and easy-to-make dessert from Odisha. It is made with chhena (Cottage Cheese). It means roasted or burnt cheese in the Odia language.
This baked dessert is made by combining crumbled chhena, jaggery powder, cardamom powder, raisins and cashews. The chef drizzles this dessert with saffron infused sugar syrup and garnishes it with silver leaves and nuts.
The burnt aroma of sugar and flavour of cardamom elevates this dessert to a new high.