Cornbread By Chef Tejasvi Chandela
Also known as - Cornbread
Cornbread is a quick bread made using cornmeal. Chef Tejasvi Chandela shares the recipe for this tasty bread.Read More
1 sweet corn
1 cup maize flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup buttermilk
salt to taste
3/4 cup melted unsalted butter
1 lemon zest
1/2 lemon juice
lemon slice for garnish
- Char a sweet corn on the gas burner.
- In a bowl, mix maize flour, baking soda, baking powder, all-purpose flour.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, melted butter and whisk.
- Add charred corn kernels, lemon zest, lemon juice and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a line bread mould.
- Bake the bread in a preheated oven at 190 C for 20 mins.
- Garnish the cornbread with chilli jam, butter cubes, lemon slices and lemon juice.
Cornbread is a golden-brown, moist and buttery bread. It was used by native Americans for thousands of years as food before the European settlers arrived. Cornbread is a staple for many in the US, where wheat is expensive.
Chef makes cornbread with maize flour, charred corn kernels, all-purpose flour, butter, eggs, lemon zest and juice. Cornbread can be eaten with a large variety of accompaniments. Chef serves it with chilli jam and butter.