Gajar Halwa By Chef Ajay Chopra
Gajar Halwa is a delicious dessert that is mostly made in winter. Chef Ajay Chopra shares the detailed recipe.Read More
500 gms carrots - washed, peeled and grated
½ cup ghee
400 ml milk
200 gms sugar
1 tsp cardamom powder
150 gms khoya (mawa)
¼ cup assorted chopped dry fruits (pistachios, almonds, cashews and raisins)
- In a pan, mix ½ kg grated carrots and milk.
- Allow it to cook by covering the pan with the lid.
- Keep checking on the halwa, it shouldn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Cook until the milk starts evaporating.
- At this stage add the sugar. Mix until the sugar melts and the halwa becomes gooey.
- Next add cardamom powder and khoya to the halwa mixture and keep cooking.
- Heat ½ cup ghee in a separate pan and throw in some chopped assorted dry fruits; let it fry in the ghee. Drizzle the ghee and dry fruits on the halwa.
- Once the ghee is poured on to the halwa, allow all the ingredients to cook in the ghee.
- Garnish the Gajar Halwa with dry fruits.
Gajar Ka Halwa is made with grated carrots, milk, khoya, sugar, cardamom, saffron and dry fruits. It is generally made in the winter. The sweet, tender and juicy red carrots required to make it are available in the winter. Carrot halwa is generally liked by everyone.
One can have this delicious dessert after a hearty meal or in the evening with tea or even at lunchtime.
A bowl of hot gajar ka halwa adds to the enjoyment of the chilly winter.