Ginger Amla Sandesh By Chef Kunal Kapur
Ginger Amla Sandesh
Ginger Amla Sandesh is a sweet made from adrak (ginger) and amla. Chef Kunal Kapur shares the recipe of this unique sweet dish.Read More
For Ginger Amla Sandesh
750 ml milk
1 Indian gooseberry
1 cup jaggery powder
1 tsp grated Indian gooseberry
1 tsp grated ginger
Indian gooseberry for garnish
mixed dry fruits for garnish
- In a pan, boil 750 ml milk and add 1 chopped Indian gooseberry to it and let it boil until it curdles.
- Then strain the curdled milk with a muslin cloth and let it cool down.
- Once chenna is ready, transfer it into a large platter and mix it properly along with powdered jaggery.
- In a pan, add the prepared mixture and roast it properly. Then spread it on a large platter and let the mixture set.
- In a pan, lightly roast 1 tsp grated ginger and 1 tsp grated amla and mix it with the roasted mixture.
- Now make small pedas of the mixture and garnish it with mixed dry fruits and sliced Indian gooseberry. Ginger amla sandesh is ready to serve.
Ginger Amla Sandesh is made from adrak (Ginger) and amla (Indian gooseberries), is as unique and different as a sweet dish can get; it has the sweetness of jaggery, tanginess of the gooseberry, and the spice of ginger.
Ginger is one ingredient without which no kitchen is complete. It’s filled with digestive properties. Indian gooseberries are filled with vitamin C, and they also boost our immunity system.
By combining ginger and amla, Chef Kunal gives a twist to the traditional Bengali sweet Sandesh. This Sandesh is nutritious and healthy too.