Jantikalu By Chef Rakesh Raghunathan
Jantikalu is a savoury, crispy snack that is a favourite of every household in Andhra. Chef Rakesh Raghunathan shares the recipe in detail.Read More
1 cup roasted rice flour
1 cup black gram flour
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp white sesame
3 tsp melted butter
salt to taste
water as required
oil for frying
- In a bowl mix roasted rice flour, black gram flour, white sesame.
- Add melted butter, salt to taste, water and mix well. Knead it into a tight dough.
- Grease your hands, murukku press and dough with oil and transfer the dough into the press.
- Drop the jantikalu on a spoon and transfer it to hot oil to fry. Fry on both sides until it turns crispy.
- Jantikalu is ready to serve.
Jantikalu is a traditional and classic snack from Andhra that is very easy to make. A dough is made by mixing roasted rice flour, urad dal flour (black gram flour), cumin seeds, sesame seeds and salt. This dough is then placed in a press (Murukku maker) and then press the dough directly in the pan with hot oil or press over a paper. Fry Jantikalu on low flame till it is golden brown.
This deep-fried delicacy is crunchy and super tasty. It can be stored in air-tight containers for a long time.