Kahwa Tea with Badam Peanut Chikki By Chef Kunal Kapur
Kahwa Tea with Badam Peanut Chikki
Kahwa Tea with Badam Peanut Chikki is a great combination for chilly winters. Chef Kunal Kapur shares the recipes in detail.Read More
For Kahwa Tea
water as required
1 cinnamon stick
4-5 green cardamom
few dried rose petals
4-5 saffron strands
1 tsp Kashmiri green tea leaves
¼ tsp mamra almonds
dried rose petals
½ tsp honey
For Badam Peanut Chikki
1 cup jaggery
water as required
1 cup peanuts
1 cup chopped almonds
- In a vessel, add some water and boil it along with 1 cinnamon stick, 3-4 cloves, 4-5 green cardamom, dried rose petals, 4-5 saffron and 1 tsp Kashmiri green tea leaves.
- Once boiled, filter the tea, add 1/4 chopped mamra badam, rose petals and 1/2 tsp honey to it. Kashmiri kahwa tea is now ready to serve.
- In a pan, add 1 cup jaggery, some water and let it melt properly until it reaches the crackling stage.
- Add 1 cup chopped almonds, 1 cup peanuts to it and mix it well.
- Grease a plate with ghee, add the prepared mixture to it and let it cool down.
- Once cooled, break the chikki into the desired shape.
- Badam peanut chikki is ready to serve with Kashmiri kahwa.
Kahwa Tea is a traditional Kashmiri tea made from Kashmiri green tea leaves. The Kashmiri green tea leaves are known to improve bone health and immunity. The Kahwa is a brew of Kashmiri green tea leave and spices. It is rich in antioxidants, improves metabolism and boosts digestion.
Badam Peanut Chikki or Almond Peanut Brittle is a traditional Indian sweet. As the name suggests, it is made with badam (almonds), peanuts and jaggery. This sweet can be easily prepared at home and is excellent for winters. According to Ayurveda, almonds balance pitta dosha in the body and peanuts balance both pitta dosha and kapha dosha.
Badam Peanut Chikki is super healthy and delicious.