Kalkandu Bath By Chef Rakesh Raghunathan
Kalkandu Bath or Kalkandu Sadam is a popular sweet dish from Karnataka. Chef Rakesh Raghunathan shares the recipe for this yummy traditional dessert.Read More
1 cup cooked rice and moong dal
4 roasted cashew nuts
1 cup milk
2 tbsp rock sugar candy
1/2 cup ghee
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- Boil milk in a pan and add 1/2 tsp cardamom powder.
- Coarsely grind the rock sugar candy and set it aside.
- Add the cooked dal and rice to milk and mix well.
- Add ghee, crushed rock sugar and let it cook.
- Plate it and garnish with roasted cashew nuts and raisins Kalkandu bath is ready to serve now.
Kalkandu Bath is generally made during festivals, especially during Dusshera. It is made from rice, yellow moong dal, milk and rock sugar. The milk is boiled and rice and yellow moong dal are cooked on a slow flame for hours and hours. The rock sugar gives it a crunchy texture.
This dessert garnished with dry fruits is thick, creamy and scrumptious.