Kele Ka Halwa By Chef Pankaj Bhadouria
Kele Ka Halwa
Kele Ka Halwa is a popular sweet dish made during festivals. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria shares the recipe in detail.Read More
For Kele Ka Halwa
5-6 ripe bananas
2 tbsp ghee
1-2 tbsp sugar
1 cup sugar
¼ cup water
¼ tsp cardamom powder
¼ cup raisins
almonds for garnish
cashew nuts for garnish
- Peel and mash 5-6 bananas in a bowl.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan. Add mashed bananas, 1-2 tbsp sugar and mix well.
- In another pan, heat 1 cup sugar add ¼ cup water. Boil the mixture to make a thick caramelised sugar syrup.
- Add the sugar syrup to the banana mixture and cook the halwa until done.
- Switch off the flame and add ¼ tsp cardamom powder, ¼ cup raisins and mix it well.
- Garnish the halwa with almonds and cashew nuts and serve.
Kele Ka Halwa is often made as a ‘prasadam’ or ‘naivedhyam’ during religious festivals. Banana is a fruit that is easily available and is rich in potassium, Vitamin B6 and a good source of vitamin C.
This Banana Halwa made with bananas, a little caramelised sugar syrup and ghee and garnished with cashews and almonds is a perfect offering to the Gods.