Lemon Tarts By Chef Kunal Kapur
Lemon Tarts is a yummy citrus dessert made from Lemon. Chef Kunal Kapur shares the recipe in detail.Read More
For the dough
2 cups multigrain flour
1 cup unsalted butter
a pinch of jaggery
rock salt to taste
cold water as required
For the filling
500 ml milk
2 tbsp grated jaggery
1 cup hung curd
1/4 cup fresh cream
- In a pan, add 2 cups multigrain aata, 1 cup unsalted butter, a pinch of powdered jaggery, a pinch of rock salt and mix it well.
- Add cold water as required in the prepared mixture and knead it into a soft dough.
- Let the dough rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a pan, boil 500ml milk to condense it.
- Whisk 1 cup hung curd until its consistency gets thick and set it aside.
- Fill the prepared dough into the tart mould and prick it using a fork.
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees celsius and let the tarts bake for 20-25 mins.
- Let the condensed milk cool for some time and mix 2 tbsp grated jaggery, whisk it until colour changes. Strain the condensed milk and the jaggery mixture into a bowl.
- Squeeze 2 lemons into the hung curd and mix it properly.
- In another bowl, whisk ¼ cup fresh cream until it turns thick.
- Mix the whipped cream, whipped hung curd and the condensed milk together.
- Remove the baked tart from the oven and let them cool. Remove the multigrain tarts from the mould and fill it with the prepared filling.
- Garnish it with lemon zest & lemon tarts are ready to serve.
Lemon Tarts is a healthy and delightful dessert. Lemon is a citrus fruit high in vitamin C and citric acid. It is beneficial in cough and cold as it boosts immunity.
The chef uses Lemon to make a sweet filling that is filled in tart shells made with multigrain atta.
This crunchy and creamy dessert garnished with lemon zest is a guilt-free decadent dessert.