Shortbread By Chef Tejasvi Chandela
Also known as - Shortbread
Shortbread is a biscuit that’s quick to make and is a great anytime snack. Chef Tejasvi Chandela shares the recipe in detail.Read More
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup icing sugar
2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 lemon zest
poppy seeds as required
lemon whipped cream
lemon slices for garnish
mint leaves for garnish
- Cream the icing sugar and butter in a bowl using an electric beater.
- Add all purpose flour, lemon zest and knead the mixture into a dough.
- Preheat the oven at 160 C for 30 minutes. Line a tart mould using butter and flour.
- Spread the dough in the mould and prick it with a fork.
- Sprinkle poppy seeds on it and bake it in the preheated oven at 160 C for 15-20 mins.
- Garnish the shortbread with lemon whipped cream, lemon slices, mint leaves and serve.
Shortbread or Shortie as it is fondly called is a Scottish biscuit variety that is associated with Christmas and Hogmanay festivals in Scotland. Shortbread is so named due to its crumbled texture. Unlike other biscuits and baked products, shortbread does not have any leavening like baking powder or soda. Here the Chef makes a zingy shortbread with lemon zest and poppy seeds.
Chef Tejasvi’s sweet, tangy and crumbly Shortbread just melts in your mouth.