Soya Pav Bhaji By Chef Pankaj Bhadouria
Soya Pav Bhaji
Soya Pav Bhaji is a delicious protein-rich snack. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria brings this unique recipe to your kitchen.Read More
For Soya Pav Bhaji
1 cup soya granules
hot water as required
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 chopped green chilli
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1/4 cup chopped carrot
1/4 cup grated cauliflower
1/4 cup boiled green peas
1 chopped green capsicum
2 chopped tomatoes
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp red chilli powder
3 tbsp pav bhaji masala
water as required
1 tbsp beetroot puree
1 boiled potato
salt to taste
1 tbsp butter
whole wheat pav
1/2 tbsp butter
- Soak soya granules in hot water and keep aside.
- Heat butter and oil in a pan. Add onions and cook until onions turn slightly golden in color. Add in green chilli, ginger garlic paste and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add carrot, cauliflower, green peas and saute for a minute. Now add capsicum and tomatoes and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, pav bhaji masala and cook for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- Now add soaked soya granules to the pan and mix well. Add water and cook for a minute.
- Add beetroot puree, boiled potato and cook on medium heat. Add salt and mix well. Mash the Bhaji using a masher.
- Take out some portion of the bhaji in a bowl and blend it using a stick blender and mix it again with the remaining bhaji and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Melt butter on a tawa and toast whole wheat pav from all sides.
- Serve soya pav bhaji along with whole wheat pav, garnished with coriander leaves and butter.
Pav Bhaji is very popular street food in India that’s been modified by various regions to suit their palate. Chef Pankaj makes this all-time favourite dish with soya granules to make it tasty and healthy.
Soya Pav Bhaji is cooked similarly to a traditional pav bhaji. Like a traditional pav bhaji, it also has plenty of vegetables such as carrots, grated cauliflower, peas, capsicum, tomatoes, and potatoes however, the addition of soya granules and a little beetroot paste makes it healthier. This bhaji is served with lightly toasted buttered whole wheat pavs (buns).
Soya Pav Bhaji is a colourful mishmash of tastes and flavours that is hard to resist.