Thirunelveli Halwa By Chef Rakesh Raghunathan
Thirunelveli Halwa is an iconic dish from Tamil Nadu. Chef Rakesh Raghunathan brings this mouth-watering sweet dish to your kitchens.Read More
1 cup soaked wheat paste
3 cups wheat paste milk
1 cup sugar syrup
2 tsp ghee
10 cashew nuts
- Soak a cup of wheat in water overnight. Drain it and make a paste.
- To get wheat paste milk, filter the paste using a muslin cloth.
- Heat a pan, add the first milk of wheat paste followed by the second and third milk. Keep stirring to avoid lumps.
- In a few minutes, it will reach porridge consistency, at this stage add sugar syrup, 2 tsp ghee, keep mixing till it turns gooey.
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan, add cashew nuts and fry it until it turns golden brown.
- Add that fried cashew in halwa. Thirunelveli Halwa is ready to serve now.
Thirunelveli Halwa is an iconic dish that was first made in the town by the same name. It is made from milk that is extracted from wheat soaked for more than 8 hours and ground to paste. This paste is cooked in sugar and ghee and during the process lot of stirring and mixing is required. But the hard work is really worth the wait.
This is a wholesome and finger-licking sweet that is popular worldwide.